Antifreeze poisoning in the Terra Nova Park area

Please be extra cautious in Richmond and do not allow your dogs or other animals to drink from outdoor puddles or eat food on the ground.  There has been another report of a dog poisoning, this time in the Terra Nova dike area.  It’s believed the dog was poisoned from antifreeze in a puddle along the dike.  Last week, a dog was poisoned by eating dog food laced with rat poison  in Morris park.

Antifreeze is a highly toxic substance that tastes sweet to animals and is commonly used in car radiators.  See the BC SPCA site for more information.

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: